- 2-3 chicken breast (approximately 1.5#)
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 Tablespoon ginger (fresh)
- 1 Tablespoon garlic (chopped)
- 3 Tablespoons scallions (thin discs)
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar + honey (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro
- 2 whole chilies (dried, crushed)
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- cabbage (red – thinly sliced)
- Poach chicken gently for 5 minutes. Let sit 10-15 minutes. Drain. Blot dry. Shred by hand, set aside.
- Cut celery on 2" diagnal then in matchsticks. Blanch 10-15 seconds, shock, drain.
- Mix chilies, ginger, garlic, scallions, soy, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Let stand for 10 minutes to marry flavors.
- Mix together chicken, sesame oik, celery, cilantro. Toss with spice mixture. Let stand 30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with cabbage.
Note – “Make a double batch of sauce – MEF”