- 8 pounds carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 4 cups scallions (fine dice)
- 1 cup soybean oil
- 6 Tablespoons curry powder
- 6 Tablespoons cumin
- 8 cups water (substitute veggie broth and remove broth powder)
- 4 Tablespoons veggie powder for stock
- 10 10oz tofu (soft – Mori Nu brand noted)
- Prep mise en place.
- Heat oil in stockpot, medium heat.
- Add veggies and sweat, covered, 12-25 minutes until carrots are soft.
- Add spices and veg powder+water / broth.
- Bring to boil, taste for seasonings. Off heat.
- Process in batches, adding 7 of the 10oz tofu cubes.
- Serve cold. Garnish with whipped tofu with remaining tofu thinned to consistency of whipped cream and cilantro.
- This also works for zucchini instead of carrots!
- You can use chicken broth instead of veggie broth!
- You can substitute 12 cups of buttermilk for the processed tofu.