- 1¼ cups chocolate chips
- 3 ounces coffee
- 1 ounce Chambord (or other liquor – Chateau Monet)
- 1 cup egg yolks (safe!)
- 1¾ cups egg whites (safe!)
- Melt chocolate, coffee, and liquor in double boiler over simmering -> NOT BOILING -< water.
- Start whipping whites (ouch, ouch!).
- Meanwhile, process melted chocolate and yolks to smooth batter.
- Folder together chocolate batter and beaten whites.
Note: for Diplomoose omit booze; double all other ingredients. This recipe is very similar to the original House Moose recipe!