Lo mein (egg noodles) served cold. The Sesame-Peanut Noodles made our Sesame-Peanut Sauce To Go a huge seller! $4.99
Sesame Peanut Noodles
Lo mein (egg noodles) served cold. The Sesame-Peanut Noodles made our Sesame-Peanut Sauce To Go a huge seller! $4.99Print Pin Rate
- ¾ cup light soy
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup soybean oil
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ⅙ cup hot oil
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon dry garlic ("Yo! That means dry")
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sesame tahini
- ¾ cup black tea (hot! as in just brewed)
- Mix the LIX, set aside.
- Mix together the MIX, set aside.
- Mix together the peanut butter and tahini.
- Add the black tea.
- Quickly ad the MIX.
- Slowly add the LIX, make sure to scrape the sides and bottom of your bowl.
This recipe is a bit controversial. Everyone likes it, but no one can agree if this was the actual sauce served at Five Spice Cafe in the late nineties and the early oughts.