- 4 rounds sesame oil
- 4 rounds soy oil
- 2 Tablespoons garlic
- 2 Tablespoons ginger
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 pounds mushrooms (sliced)
- ½ cup sherry
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup scallions (diced)
- round dumpling wrappers
- Heat oil in wok and quickly cook garlic and ginger.
- Add wine, white pepper, garlic powder, nutmeg.
- Add mushrooms.
- After mushrooms reduce, add sherry.
- Mix sugar, salt, pepper, soy sauces, and sesame oil together and then add to cooking mushrooms.
- Turn off heat, add scallions and mix well.
Cooking the DumplingsYou can steam the mushroom dumplings in an oiled steamer for at least 8 minutes or you can prepare them as pot stickers:
- Add some oil to your wok or frying pan; let it get hot
- Place several dumplings in wok/pan
- Once the bottoms begin to turn brown, cover the wok/pan
- Carefully open the wok/pan a tiny bit and quickly add 1/4 cup of water
- This will make a lot of noise as the water hits the oil
- Be careful not to get burned by the spattering oil/water
- As you lift the cover, angle it down to the front; this way the cover will act as a shield
- The dumplings will be ready to serve as soon as the water boils off