As shared below, the recipe makes 5 cakes. Keep two for yourself and give away 3.
- 1 1/2 cups cornstarch
- 7 1/2 cups flour
- 6 cups sugar
- 6 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 3/4 cups cocoa
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/4 cups oil
- 3 Tablespoons vanilla
- 6 cups water
- 9 Tablespoons white vinegar
- Sift cornstarch, flour, sugar, baking soda, cocoa, salt and mix well.
- Thoroughly mix oil, vanilla, water, and vinegar with dry ingredients.
- Pour equally into 5 sprayed pans. Bang 10-12x on counter to break air bubbles.
- Bake at 350F for approximately 28 minutes (check at 25). Check center for doneness.