- 3 onions (sliced)
- ⅔ cups garlic
- 2 Tablespoons basil
- 7 Tablespoons Burmese Spice Mix
- ½ cup fish sauce
- 3 pounds lamb (cubed – estimated volume of a lamb leg)
- 4-5 potatoes (cubed)
- Cook onions and garlic in wok into onions are translucent.
- Add basil and spice mix. Stir fry until onions are well seasoned.
- Add fish sauce. Mix well.
- Add lamb. Add water to cover. Stir frequently until it comes to boil.
- Add potatoes. Mix well. Cook for 40 minutes +/- until potatoes are done. Note: this will burn easily, stir frequently and reduce heat. This will thicken naturally – don't use starch.
Recipe card calls for a doubled recipe – if you’re up for running two woks at home, go for it!
- 12 Tablespoons turmeric
- 4 Tablespoons black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons salt
- 8 Tablespoons coriander
- 4 Tablespoons cumin
- 8 Tablespoons basil (dried)
- 4 teaspoons cayenne
- 8 Tablespoons sugar
Note: a “serving” of this spice mix is for the 7T referenced in the Burmese Lamb Curry.