- 6 jars tom yum paste (7oz jars)
- 4 gallons water
- 2 cups lemongrass (processed)
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 cup basil (chiffonade)
- 2 heads lettuce (chiffonade – leaf, romaine, or 2-3# of spinach)
- basil (yes, more basil)
- tofu (or shrimp, shredded chicken)
- bean sprouts
- Add paste, water, lemongrass, coconut milk, basil to pot and bring to boil, making sure that paste is dissolved.
- Add lettuce to second pot, pour hot soup over it to wilt.
- Chill with shock stick. Viewers at home can record time/temps if they wish.
- To serve, heat soup in a saucepan then add mushrooms, more basil, cilantro, and your protein of choice.
- Place a handful of beansprouts in a serving bowl and pour soup over sprouts. Garnish with more cilantro.