- 64 cups broccoli (sliced)
- 9 onions (fine dice)
- 10 cups potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 5 stalks celery
- 2 gallons water (scant – or veggie broth)
- 7 Tablespoons veggie powder for stock (substitute veggie broth with above)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 4 cups coconut milk (hot!)
- 5 cups milk
- 15½ Tablespoons butter (11T and 4½T)
- 4½ Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons chili paste w/garlic
- 3 Tablespoons salt (or to taste)
- 7 Tablespoons flour
- 1 pint cream
- Lemon-Coconut Cream½
- Saute onions in 11T of butter and olive oil until golden. Set aside.
- In stockpot, add water/powder (or broth), potatoes, celery. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, simmer 10 min.
- Add broccoli, onion mixture. Simmer 20-30 minutes until veggies are tender. Add lemon juice.
- Process to a course texture. Return to heat.
- Begin heating coconut milk and milk to hot.
- Make roux with remaining butter, flour. Cook on medium heat until golden. Whisk in hot milk mixture, stirring until thickened.
- Add spices, djion, chili paste.
- Mix milk mixture into soup. Bring back to simmer. Taste and adjust for salt. Add lemon-coconut cream for garnish.
It is estimated that 64 cups of raw broccoli reduces to 5-6 cups when processed. As such, this appears to make a little more than 3 gallons, which is approximately 50 1 cup servings.