- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 6 Tablespoons oil
- 18 leeks (white part only, chopped)
- 6 cups onions (chopped)
- 18-24 potatoes (peeled and sliced)
- 24 cups vegetable broth
- 3 teaspoons chili paste w/garlic
- white pepper (to taste)
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 3 pints cream (all purpose, slightly whipped)
- Melt butter with oil. Add onions and leeks. Sweat until translucent. Add potatoes and stir.
- Add the veggie broth and chili paste. Bring to boil, lower heat, simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Pepper to taste, cool. Process until smooth.
- Fold coconut milk and cream into potato soup base. Chill thoroughly.
- Garnish with scallions and cilantro.
Servings are a WAG. Note that the card covers over the butter in an attempt to be vegan, but there is no noted substitute for the cream – perhaps coconut cream is intended to be used exclusively in that instance.