Chicken Sesame Dumplings
Usually served only during Sunday Dim Sum, people still asked for them all week long.4 pounds of chicken makes a lot of dumplings, so adjust accordingly.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 150 dumplings
- 4 pounds chicken thigh (divided in half)
- 1½ cups sesame tahini
- 1½ cups scallion (diced)
- 6 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 Tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 Tablespoons garlic (chopped)
- 1 can water chestnut (20oz)
- 3 cups bamboo shoots
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- a lot round dumpling wrappers
- Process 2 pounds chicken fine, reserve 2 pounds for later.
- Add tahini, scallion, oil, sugar, pepper, fish/oyster sauce, garlic. Process to mix. Remove to a bowl.
- Process bamboo, coarse. Add water chestnuts. Process coarse — medium coarse. Add to bowl with chicken mixture.
- Hand chop (medium fine) reserved chicken. Mix well with chicken mixture. [Fold as shown on card.]
The recipe card calls for four pounds of chicken thighs. Chicken thighs have a lot more flavor and are juicer than chicken breasts, so don’t upgrade the protein in this recipe. The recipe uses round dumpling wrappers. The recipe card shows how to fill and shape the dumpling wrapper. You will very likely also want the recipe for Siu Mai Dipping Sauce.