Folks from Facebook requested the Curried Lentil Soup Recipe. I found two soup recipes that included curry and lentils and a hot onion compote. Don’t miss this related condiment.
- 4 cups oil
- 5 cups onions
- 4 Tablespoons garlic
- 5½ teaspoons ginger
- 11 Tablespoons curry powder
- 6 teaspoons clove
- 8 cups potato (peeled and diced)
- 6 cups carrot (coins – scant)
- 16 cups red lentils (rinsed and drained)
- 4 gallons water
- veggie powder for stock
- 5 Tablespoons black pepper
- 6 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Step One: Heat oil.
- Step Two: Add garlic, ginger, onions. Stir 2-3 minutes until onions begin to brown.
- Step Three: Add curry powder, 1-2 min, stirring constantly. Do not omit this step.
- Step Four: Add cloves, potatoes, carrots. Stir.
- Step Five: Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Cover partially, reduce heat, cook until lentils are soft.
- Blend briefly. Shouldn't be smooth.
- 3 cups oil
- 6 cups onions (sliced)
- 18 cups red lentils
- 2 Tablespoons ginger (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon (+)
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 3 Tablespoons lemon peel powder
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 36 cups water
- 1 cup veggie powder for stock
- Hot Onion Compote
- Heat oil, saute onions lightly.
- Add lentils.
- Add water. Stir well to prevent sticking and scorching.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
Put stockpot on wok ring to reduce possibility of scorching. Also, after all ingredients have been added, reduce heat to very low flame, cover pot; stir frequently to prevent scorching. Cook until soup becomes creamy, lentils are softened to the point of puree (about 2-2 1/2 hours).
- 2 cups oil
- 6 to 7 bay leaves
- 3 to 4 onions (small diced)
- ½ cup jalapenos
- In a heavily bottomed fry pan, heat the oil until hot, but not smoking.
- Add leaves (to flavor the oil), remove when browned.
- Slowly add the onions. If you add them too fast, the water in the onions will bubble over.
- Add the jalapenos.