Lo mein (egg noodles) served cold. Our Hunan Noodles are within the great Hunan tradition. $4.99
Hunan Noodle Sauce
- 18 cups oil
- 6 cups garlic (chopped)
- 6 cups ginger (grated)
- 7 pounds fermented black beans (sorted and processed)
- 6 cups soy sauce
- 4 cups sambal
- 5 cups apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups sugar
- ½ cup salt
- Heat oil. Add garlic and ginger. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add black beans. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring so it doesn't stick.
- Add remaining ingredients. Turn off heat.
- MIX WELL! WELL! WELL!
There are two different recipes for the sauce used on the Black Bean Noodles – this recipe and another named “Hot Black Bean Sauce – Ginger’s Recipe.” I encourage you to make both and then post a comment with your favorite.