This recipe is for making three cheesecakes. Keep one for yourself and give two away. Don’t miss Jerry’s “essay” on cheesecakes.
- 6 pounds cream cheese
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup cream
- ⅔ cup lemon juice (160 cm)
- 3 caps lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel
- Blackout Cake crumbs
- 1 cup chocolate chips (little ones)
- Beat cream cheese and sugar well, scrape down the sides.
- Add cream and lemon ingredients. Beat well, scrape down the sides.
- Add eggs. Mix well, scrape, mix again.
- Press Blackout Cake crumbs into bottom of well sprayed 10" pans. Pour batter evenly into the 3 pans. Sprinkle chocolate chips over each.
- Bake at 270F for 90 minutes. Continue to bake for another 30 minutes with oven open.
- Turn off oven, close oven door, let cool for 2 hours.
Pans should be placed in water bath for baking. And don’t miss Jerry’s comments about making a New York-style cheesecake.