- 5 pounds shrimp (reserve 1/3)
- 1 can water chestnut (20oz can – reserve 1/2)
- 1 cup bamboo shoot
- 1 cup scallion (diced)
- 2½ Tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3½ teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons sherry
- ½ teaspoons white pepper
- 1 Tablespoons ginger
- 4 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- Add 1/4 of shrimp and process medium fine.
- Add rest of ingredients except scallions, process to mix. Remove to bowl.
- By hand (or pulsing processor deftly) chop remaining waterchestnuts, and shrimp to coarse.
- Combine all ingredients. Mix well.
- There are some instructions whited/crossed out relating to the order and volume of processed ingredients.
- The instructions are inconsistent about how many shrimp and waterchestnuts to add at different times as well.
- Chop all veggies by hand.
- A picture of the proper dumpling shape is on the recipe card.
- Bonus points if you ever dipped these in the peanut sauce just because you could, not because you should.