- 10 pounds butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
- 10 yams (fair sized)
- 9 onions (finely diced)
- 10 Tablespoons butter
- 1 can pears (#10)
- 3 cups white wine
- 2 cups ginger (candied)
- 12 cinnamon (sticks)
- 8-10 Tablespoons veggie powder for stock
- 2 pints cream (all-purpose)
- 2 Tablespoons white pepper
- Boil squash, yams in water to cover with cinnamon, ginger, veggie base and juice from pears.
- Saute onions in butter, until just carmelized. Add pears, stir well to break down. Add wine and white pepper.
- When squash is tender, add onion mixture, cool. Process smooth, adding cream.
- Garnish with cilantro.