- 1 fifth Bacardi White Rum (presumed 750mL)
- 10 limes (average size – or 6 large)
- Add Bacardi to a large bottle.
- Peel limes and add to rum.
- Juice the limes, fine strain, and bring to a boil 10-15 seconds.
- Cool juice and add to rum.
Fruit may be processed over several weeks, but let peels sit for weeks.
- 1.5 liters Smirnoff Vodka
- 20-25 lemons (and/or oranges)
- Add vodka to large glass jar.
- Peel fruit and add peels to jar.
- Juice fruit, finely strain, and bring to a boil 10-15 seconds.
- Cool and add to jar.
Do not use more than one juiced orange. Fruit may be processed over several weeks but peels should be added immediately.
- 1 pound cranberries
- See notes.
Notes from Jerry for making the Cranberry Liquor Base: Here’s the tough part: Take one pound of cranberries (preferably organic) and, using a pin, poke a hole in each and every one, dropping them into a gallon container as you work. (Some people skip this step, but it doesn’t taste right to me.) Cover the berries completely with sugar, and toss in a cinnamon stick or two. Cover tightly and sit in a cool dark place for a couple of months. Test-taste it, and if it’s not great, add more sugar if needed and just sit it for a while longer.