- ¾ cup Vietnamese Onion Curry Sauce
- 5 ounces fish (cubed – salmon, monkfish, catfish)
- 6 shrimp (rock shrimp if available)
- 1½ cup romaine (chiffonade to serve)
- cilantro (for garnish)
- Heat sauce.
- Add fish and shrimp.
- Cover. Cook through, 3-5 minutes.
- Uncover, add romaine chiffonade.
- Serve on a rice donut, garnish with cilantro.
- 7½ cups onions (large dice)
- 2 cups carrots (coins)
- 10 Tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 5 Tablespoons ginger (minced)
- 1¾ cups oil
- 10 Tablespoons curry powder (adjust for heat)
- 2½ Tablespoons sugar
- 2½ Tablespoons salt
- 3½ Tablespoons black pepper
- 7 cans coconut milk
- 10 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1¼ cup walnuts (ground – or almonds)
- Process veggies to puree. Add to oil and cook on medium hot in a stockpot.
- Cook until softened. Add aromatics, cook 1 minute while stirring.
- Add liquids and nuts. Cook, medium low, stirring frequently until thick and "oily."
- Cool and store.