- 5 pounds beef (ground)
- 3 cups bread crumbs
- 5 eggs
- ¾ cups scallions (chopped)
- 3 Tablespoons garlic (chopped)
- ¾ teaspoon cayenne
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ teaspoon sugar
- 1½ Tablespoons fish sauce
- 15 Tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 cans coconut milk
- broth (enough to add to make 4 cups of liquid with coconut)
- 8 Tablespoons peanuts (ground)
- 8 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 8-10 Tablespoons fish sauce
- Mix meatball ingredients well. Roll into 1" balls.
- Fry red curry paste in 3 Tablespoons oil, smoothing out.
- Add rest of ingredients, stirring to blend.
- Return balls to sauce, simmer 10 minutes, stirring.
It’s implied that the meatballs might be browned (preferred) or baked before being added to the sauce.