Ooooh, we found a dumpling recipe we’d overlooked in our numerous dumpling posts!
- 8 potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 6-8 carrots (peeled and processed/diced)
- 4 onions (fine dice by hand)
- 2 cups scallions (diced)
- ½ cup preserved vegetables
- 2-3 rounds soybean oil
- 2-3 rounds sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-6 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1 bag panko
- 50-100 dumpling wrappers (round)
Boil potatoes in lightly salted water until fork tender. Drain. Return to heat briefly to dry them for mashing.
Mash potatoes while still hot. Add carrots, set aside.
Add oil to wok. Stir fry until translucent.
Add soy, sugar, pepper, salt, curry powder.
Add potato/carrot mixture. Mix well.
Add scallions and preserved veggies. Mix well.
Turn off heat immediately, add panko.
Fold according to drawing!