- 2 bottles lager beer (ed. note: Zero Gravity Green State Lager is a good choice)
- tomato paste (or dice and saute a big, juicy tomato)
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon sambal (+/-)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (+/-)
- pinch cilantro (diced)
- Bring beer to boil. Add shrimp, cook. Drain, shock, chill.
- Saute garlic in oil and add tomato paste and water to form thick/medium sauce.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Combine shrimp and sauce and marinate overnight.