A dish so good it shouldn’t be used daily. Your family and friends will clamor for this all the time—but make them wait. As you’ll see, this may be done with various fillings and may be done vegetarian with egg. This recipe will serve twelve—but the response of your guests– Jerry Weinberg
will make you think you’d have done better making more or serving fewer.
- 6 eggs (jumbo)
- ⅔ cups lobster (or raw chopped shrimp)
- ⅔ cups crab meat (picked over for shell)
- ½ cup barbecue pork (chopped – from Asian market)
- 1-2 Tablespoon cilantro (chopped)
- 1-2 Tablespoon basil (sliced)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce (Squid brand)
- 3 Tablespoons coconut milk
Vegetarian Version – substitute for meat
- 1 cup tofo (chopped, dried (or pressed))
- 1 cup mock duck (drained)
Note: this recipe from Jerry’s notes is incomplete – no instructions, but there should be enough here to make something interesting.