- 1 cup oil
- 5 cups onions (sliced)
- 1½ cups garlic (sliced paper thin)
- 10 potatoes (parcooked to just underdone and cubed to 2")
- 5 pounds eggplant (2" cubes)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 8 tomatoes (quartered and seeded)
Curry Spice Mixture
- 1½ teaspoon turmeric
- 5 Tablespoons cumin
- 2 Tablespoons coriander
- Sweat onion and garlic in oil. Add potato and eggplant and stir fry until light brown.
- Add spice mixture.
- Add liquids, cover for 5 min and let simmer over low heat until potatoes are tended. Salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
- Remove from heat, stir in tomatoes and cool.
- Garnish with lemon wedge, cilantro, scallions.