What do you do when you run out of dumpling wrappers and there is plenty of shrimp dumpling mix left? Why, Serendipity Cakes, of course!
- 9 ounces soybean oil
- 3 ounces sesame oil
- 1½ cups onion (minced)
- ½ cup garlic (or less – chopped)
- 4½ forks sambal
- 4 teaspoons lemon peel powder
- 1½ cups cilantro (minced)
- 4 Tablespoons lemongrass
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 R Shrimp Dumpling Mix
- Heat oil, add onion and garlic and cook until translucent. Don't burn!
- Add sambal, lemongrass, lemon peel, cilantro. Stir over low heat.
- Add coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar.
- Cool before using.
- Combine 1+ cup sauce and shrimp dumpling mix. Mix well. Form 2" cakes. Coat with cornstarch. It is presumed these are then fried or steamed.
- The serving size is just a WAG but you can still adjust the ingredient values easily by changing the number.
- The amount of dumpling mix is unclear in the instructions – “1 R Shrimp Dumpling Mix.” A “round” doesn’t make sense here. Guidance or guesses appreciated.
- It’s not clear whether these cakes are fried, steamed, etc.