- 6 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 6 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch (heaping)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper (actual measurement unclear)
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 2½ pounds beef (ground – fat free?)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon preserved vegetables
- cellophane noodles
- black pepper
- scallions (dicers)
- chili paste w/garlic
- Mix all meatball ingredients and set for 5 hours. Make into 1½" balls.
- Bring two quarts of water to a rolling boil. Drop in meatballs. When they float, let them roll for 5 minutes. Add more water as needed.
- Remove and reserve stock.
- Strain into bais-marie containing fish sauce, salt, and preserved veggies.
- Serve 3 meatballs in a small curry bowl on a bed of noodles, ½ cup of the reserved stock, pepper, scallions, cilantro and carrot.