- 7 pounds fish (poached and picked – salmon, any white fish, or combo)
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (cooked and mashed)
- 2 pounds potatoes (cooked and mashed)
- 2 cups onion (small dice)
- 3-4 cups bread crumbs (fine – 1 or 2 bags of panko)
- 1 bunch cilantro (chopped)
- 3 Tablespoons fish sauce (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 Tablespoon sambal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- Beat eggs with fish sauce, pepper, sambal, salt, and sesame oil.
- Mix remaining ingredients and form into patties.
- Dip into rice flour, corn starch, bread crumbs, or a combination of the three.