The Butternut Bisque recipe is lost to antiquity, but we presume this recipe’s results are good for more than just a butternut bisque.
- 5 onions (large – rough chop)
- 8 carrots (medium – rough chop)
- 5 cups celery (chopped)
- 1 handful leeks (sliced)
- 2 cups parsley (roughly chopped)
- 2 potatoes (large)
- 2½ gallons water
- 12 cloves garlic
- handful bay leaves
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper (whole)
- 1 Tablespoon ginger (fresh, chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon cloves (whole)
- 3 cinnamon (whole sticks)
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- Boil onions, carrots, celery, potatoes, leeks, and parsley until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil, reduce, strain.