- 8 pounds carrots (peeled and chopped; zucchini can be substituted)
- 4 cups scallions (fine dice)
- 1 cup soybean oil
- 6 Tablespoons curry powder
- 6 Tablespoons cumin
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 10 10-ounce tofu (Mori-Nu Soft; save 3 for garnish)
- Prep mise en place.
- Heat oil in small stockpot, medium.
- Add veggies and sweat, covered, 15-25 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- Add spices, broth.
- Bring to boil, taste for seasonings. Turn off heat.
- Process in batches, adding tofu with each batch.
- Serve cold. Garnish with cilantro and whipped tofu thinned to the consistency of whipped cream.
You can substitute zucchini for the carrots. You can substitute chicken broth for the veggie broth and 12c of buttermilk for the tofu, but the dish will no longer be vegan.