- 7 pieces tofu
- ⅜ cup mushroom mix
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce (vegan)
- 2 teaspoons Special BB/Garlic Sauce for Brown Sauce (see below)
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cut tofu into ¾" thick shapes. Marinade in soy, sherry, water, veggie broth.
- Steam and season broccoli.
- Add tofu in skillet with a little oil until GBD, 2 minutes +/- on each side. Drain on a paper towel.
- Add mushroom mix to skillet. Add sauce.
- Bring to boil over high heat. Add a tablespoon of "thickerer" to "glaze" the mushrooms.
- Serve on a black plate. Make a circle with tofu, interspersed with broccoli. Fill center with mushrooms. Garnish with scallions
- 2 cups black beans
- ½ cup garlic (whole)
- ½ cup salt
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup sherry
- ½ cup soy
- Whiz beans, garlic, salt, sugar together in a processor.
- Add, with the processor running, the sherry and soy. Process until well-mixed and "pasty."
- Store refrigerated.