- 1 cup rice (raw, sweet – scant measure)
- 2½ cups coconut milk
- 1¾ cups milk
- 1 large lime rind
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ pound butter
- pinch star anise
- Grease baking pan with some of the butter. Reserve remainder.
- Mix rice, liquids, lime, sugar. Pour into buttered baking pan. Dot top with remaining butter cut into small pieces.
- Bake at 325F for 30 minute.
- Remove lime peel, stir well. Add star anise, stir.
- Cook 1-2 hours or until all liquid is absorbed and golden brown skin forms.
Original note: Use half hotel pan/recipe.