Here’s another interpretive doozy thanks to faded ink and water damage. We’ll do our best, but encourage feedback!
- scallions (inchers)
- bok choy
- pea pods
- 1 fork garlic
- 1 fork ginger
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- rice noodles
- ¼ cup 5-Pepper Curry Paste (see below)
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- bean sprouts
- Oil in wok. Add onions, scallions, shrimp, bok choy, pea pods, ginger, garlic.
- Add fish sauce and rice noodles.
- Add 5-Pepper Paste and coconut milk. Add bean sprouts.
- Serve in pasta bowl, garnish with cilantro and more bean sprouts.
(Mostly) Pepper Mix
- 10 Thai Bird chilies
- 3 Tablespoons coriander (whole)
- 2 Tablespoons black pepper (whole)
- 1 Tablespoon white pepper (whole)
- 1 Tablespoon Sichuan pepper (whole)
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 2 Tablespoons jalapeños
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 Tablespoons crab paste
- ½ cup galangal (dried, pureed fine)
- 2 Tablespoons salt (kosher)
- 1½ cups onion (unclear ingredient!)
- ½ cup fish sauce
- ½ cup garlic
- 1 cup oil
- Toast (Mostly) Pepper mix in saute pan until smoke appears. Cool and grind in coffee grinder. [The transcriber recommends doing this with someone else's coffee grinder.]
- Combine all remaining ingredients except oil. When spices come together, add oil slowly and emulsify.