- scallions ("inchers")
- bamboo shoots
- mushrooms ("a few")
- 1 fork ginger
- 1 fork garlic
- 2 ounces pork (ground)
- 1 teaspoon hot oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons sherry
- ¾ cup veggie stock
- hot black bean sauce ("small amount")
- corn starch slurry
- red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces fish
- 5 Tablespoons rice flour
- 3 Tablespoons sherry
- 1 egg (+/-)
- Cut fish into 2" cubes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge in rice flour.
- Make a batter with the rice flour, sherry, and egg. Dredge floured in batter and fry until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on towels to drain excess oil.
- Oil in wok.
- Add veggies. Add garlic and ginger.
- Add pork, hot oil, sugar, soy, sherry, black bean sauce, and veggie stock.
- Add fried fish.
- Thicken with corn starch slurry.
- Spice with red pepper flakes if heat is desired.
- Serve on rice donut in bed of napa cabbage.
Variation of recipe from “The 1000 Classic Chinese Recipes.”