In perhaps the world’s best hot sauce (we sell the sauce to go). $7.50
- 2-3 pounds or dozens of chicken wings
- 2 Tablespoons of salt
- 1 Tablespoon of pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of dark soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of molasses
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 4 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 Tablespoons of ground coriander
- 1 Tablespoon of finely chopped garlic
- 4 Tablespoons of vegetable oil (used for cooking the wings; it does not go in to the marinade)
- Combine salt, pepper, soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, cumin, Cayenne pepper, turmeric, coriander, and garlic; blend well.
- Put a half cup of marinade in a plastic bag, add the chicken wings and shake.
- Let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes or longer.
- Slow bake the wings at 300 degrees.
- Let them cool down in the fridge.
- Grill before serving to finish locking in the marinade.
- Both Jerry and Sam provided comments about this recipe.
- More than one person who’s worked at Five Spice tells me this is not the right recipe. They’ve made their versions and they too are quite tasty.
- The first time I made the marinade, its essence brought back so many memories of Five Spice Cafe.