Indonesian Chicken Wings
In perhaps the world’s best hot sauce (we sell the sauce to go). $7.50Print Pin Rate
Servings: 8 people
- 2-3 pounds chicken (breasts or dozens of wings)
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons cumin (ground)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 Tablespoons coriander (ground)
- 1 Tablespoons garlic (finely ground)
- 4 Tablespoons oil (for cooking wings)
- Combine salt, pepper, soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, cumin, Cayenne pepper, turmeric, coriander, and garlic; blend well.
- Put a half cup of marinade in a plastic bag, add the chicken wings and shake.
- Let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes or longer.
- Slow bake the wings at 300 degrees.
- Let them cool down in the fridge.
- Grill before serving to finish locking in the marinade.
- Both Jerry and Sam provided comments about this recipe.
- More than one person who’s worked at Five Spice tells me this is not the right recipe. They’ve made their versions and they too are quite tasty.
- The first time I made the marinade, its essence brought back so many memories of Five Spice Cafe.