We’ve got an original card recipe, the line recipe, and, most importantly, the sauce. It’s interesting to note that the Fire Shrimp began as Fire Shrimp and Scallops.
- onions (diced)
- scallions (diced)
- pea pods
- bamboo shoot
- baby corn
- onions (sliced)
- ¼ cup Fire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- Stir fry diced onions and scallions. Add peapods, celery, bamboo, mushrooms, and baby corn.
- Add shrimp and sliced onions. Add Fire Sauce.
- Plate on a rice donut. Garnish with "rage and cilantro."
“Garnish with rage and cilantro” seems like a poor translation, input welcomed! Note original inclusion of scallops on the card.
- ¾ cup oil
- ¾ cup lemongrass (minced – or 4-5 bags dried lemongrass)
- 1½ cups garlic (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 jars shrimp paste (or crab – presumed 10oz/jar)
- 1¼ cups brown sugar
- 4 cups red curry paste (1 large or 2 medium or 8 small cans)
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 4 cans water
- Heat oil.
- Add lemongrass, garlic, red pepper flakes.
- Add paste, curry, brown sugar. Mix well.
- Add coconut milk, water. Mix well.