Korean BBQ Sauce
- 12-16 cups black mushroom tea
- ¾ cups garlic (chopped)
- ¾ cups ginger (fresh)
- 2 cups black mushrooms (processed)
- 1½ cups onions (processed)
- 5 cups Sichuan sauce
- 5 cups ketchup
- ¾ cups dark soy sauce
- 2 cups hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Sichuan pepper
- ½ cup red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons black pepper
- ¼ cup sesame oil
Korean BBQ Ribs
- 1½ gallons water
- 3-4 cups lemongrass (chopped – or 2 bags of lemongrass scraps)
- 1 capful allspice (whole)
- 1 capful black pepper (whole)
- 1½ cups garlic (chopped)
For BBQ Sauce
- Combine all ingredients. Bring to boil, DON'T BURN! Boil slowly until reduced by 20%.
- Refrigerate, or use immediately to roast ribs.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In 4" roaster, bring the remaining ingredients to simmer.
- Separate ribs by cutting between bones. Place on backing rack. May overlap slightly to fit all the bones on the rack.
- Place rack over simmering water in roaster. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 2 hours at 350F.
- Remove ribs to sheet pan. Cover with BBQ sauce.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350F.
- 30 pounds ribs
- 5 cups honey
- 22 teaspoons five spice powder
- 7½ cups sherry
- 7½ cups nuoc cham (see recipe)
- 2½ cups lemongrass
- 2 cups jalapeños (minced)
- Cut through ribs between bones to separate.
- Cover with water, bring to boil. Slow boil for 40 min.
- Combine all other ingredients and mix well.
- Drain ribs, place in large roaster.
- Cover with sauce. Marinate several hours.
- Roast at 375F for 25 minutes.
- Save any marinade to baste ribs.
- 5 pounds spare ribs
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons white wine
- 5 Tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 6 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 5 Tablespoons fermented black beans
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons sambal
- 8 Tablespoons cornstarch
- black pepper
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Add ribs and mix.
- Steam and layer about 25 minutes.