Vegetarian Siu Mai
Steamed dumplings filled with Thai red rice and white sticky rice, mushrooms and “Secret Spices.” SPECIFY VEGETARIAN WHEN ORDERING. $6.25Print Pin Rate
Servings: 50 dumplings
- 7 "rounds" sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoons garlic (chopped)
- 3 Tablespoons ginger
- ½ The Aromatics [1/2 what? – probably cup]
- 1 pan Vegetarian Rice
- 3 "rounds" sherry
- 5 Tablespoons Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 8 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons sherry
- 8 shakes black pepper
- dark soy sauce
- 1½ cups scallion (diced)
- Heat oil in wok, add stir fry garlic and ginger.
- Add The Aromatics, stir fry.
- Add the rice, turn off heat, mix well.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix. Store refrigerated.
Vegetarian Siu Mai Aromatics and Rice Mix
Elements required to make Vegetarian Siu Mai. Yield is an estimate based on 30# of rice.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 500 dumplings
- 2 cans preserved vegetables (rinsed)
- 2 cups bamboo shoot
- 2 cups black mushrooms
- 2 cups carrot (diced)
- 3 cups scallion
- 20 pounds sweet white rice (glutinous)
- 10 pounds Richvale red rice
- Rinse, chop, process preserved veggies.
- Add bamboo, mushrooms, carrots, and process together with preserved veggies. Set aside.
- Dice scallions, set aside.
- Mix white and red rices well and store in 5 gallon pail.
- Put 3 cups of Vegetarian Siu Rice Mix (above) in each of 2 cake pans.
- Cover rice with warm water. Cover by ¼" (approximately 7-8C in each pan).
- Steam for 1-1½, remove from heat, cover.