With Sesame-Peanut Noodles and Spicy Cucumbers The spice of the ribs is balanced by the lush taste of the noodles. $12.99
Korean BBQ Sauce
With Sesame-Peanut Noodles and Spicy Cucumbers The spice of the ribs is balanced by the lush taste of the noodles. $12.99Print Pin Rate
- 3 cups black mushroom tea
- 2 Tablespoons garlic (heaping, chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons ginger (heaping)
- 3 Tablespoons black mushrooms (heaping)
- ⅓ cup onions (processed)
- 1 cup Sichuan sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce (heaping)
- 2 Tablespoons Sichuan pepper
- 5 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons black pepper (heaping)
- 2¼ teaspoons sesame oil
- Combine all ingredients. Bring to boil. Don't burn!
- Boil slowly until reduced by 20%. Refrigerate or use immediately to roast ribs.
This list of ingredients is 1/5 of the ingredients on the recipe card. This should make about 1 1/2 quarts of Korean Barbecue Sauce. That should be enough sauce for 1-2 racks of pork ribs.
- 2 racks spare rib
- 3-4 cups lemongrass (chopped)
- 1 capful allspice (whole)
- 1 capful black pepper (whole)
- 1½ cups garlic (chopped)
- In a roasting pan, simmer lemongrass, spices, and garlic in a lot of water.
- Separate ribs by cutting between bones. Place on baking rack (may overlap slightly to fit all bones on rack). See recipe card.
- Place rack over simmering water in roaster. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 2 hours at 350F.
- Remove ribs to sheet pan. Cover with BBQ sauce.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350F.
2 thoughts on “Korean Barbecue Pork Ribs and Sauce”
Pla tod please !
Hi Tara – the Pla Tod recipe, or at least as much as I have, is posted in two parts:
The line instructions: https://fivespice.cafe/2020/08/17/pla-tod/
And the Pla Tod Sauce: https://fivespice.cafe/2020/08/17/pla-tod-sauce/